Monday, April 03, 2006

Do I know you?

Sorry for the delay in posting. I've been backpacking through the Andes for the past week and unable to blog. What's that? No I wasn't? Shit, you got me there...I'm just lazy. Happy now?

Today's blog is going to be shrouded in black. We're mourning here today my friends. News reports today have disclosed that Jesse Helms has vascular dementia. For those of you who don't know what that is, let me explain. See, my dad's a vascular surgeon, so by proxy I'm clinically trained to provide expert medical advice on this. Furthermore, if you remember my Claude Allen post, you should be calling me Doctor anyway. Info on vascular dementia can be found here.

Now, I usually don't pick on people when they're down, but since Jesse probably wouldn't remember it if I did, I figured why not.

My first observation is: duh! We're only now noticing? Let's see, one of the first things that become evident with dementia is loss of short term memory. Well, this guy used to call all black men "Fred". Seriously, I'm not making that up. This guy was a Senator until January 2003!!! Think about that. Thought about it? Good. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? First of all, where did Fred come from? Was that the name of the only black man he ever spoke to?

This is, in all honesty, one of the most racist members of the United States Senate, and we're to suddenly feel sorry for him? I'm telling you right now, when the GOP starts coming out and paying "respect" to this man, I'm seriously going to throw up. I mean, even Strom Thurmond rejected his past and spent the final 30 years of his senate career repentant of being a bigot. I'll take that. Jesse Helms? Not so much. Here's an article from the Washington Post from August 2001:


In 1990, locked in a tight race with an African American Democrat, former Charlotte mayor Harvey Gantt, Helms aired a final-week TV ad that showed a pair of white hands crumpling a rejection letter, while an announcer said, "You needed that job and you were the best qualified. But they had to give it to a minority because of a racial quota." Once again, he pulled through.
This guy made a career out of being a frigging asshole. It's depressing. I for one refuse to feel bad for him. He was unrepentant, and now so am I. In fact:

FYOTW:

This weeks FYOTW goes to Jesse "How bout that Klan" Helms. Jesse Helms, former Senator from North Carolina is hereby awarded the FYOTW for his tireless efforts to reign in Civil Rights and Civil Liberties for the past 30 years. As a member of the senate he was one of the proud few to attempt a fillibuster of Martin Luther King day. Fortunately, most of the Senate, including Strom Thurmond, voted him down.
Anything else? Well, in fact there is. I've been reading idowhatiwant's linked people and I found this site. This is a former aid of Jesse's that was nominated for the 4th Circuit court. Now, I don't know what the hell is done on the circuit, but I know I don't want that guy there. So, when his nomination wasn't re-newed by Clinton, Jesse held up the nominations of ALL judges from his state. Nice one there, Jesse. Fucking Dick.

Another aide of Jesse Helms? Well none other than Claude "Why can't I steal?" Allen. That's right folks. Of course, maybe I should call him Fred Allen, seeing as how that's what Jesse probably called him. A question for Claude: What's it like to swallow so much of your pride that you would be willing to permit someone, your boss no less, to BLATANTLY degrade you in front of everyone by calling you a name he likes to call all black people? Was that the source of the self-loathing that caused you to steal? Did you tell yourself that at least he did it to everyone, so you didn't take it seriously?

Seriously, go fuck yourself Jesse.

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soze,
Where have you been? Getting lazy? You are disapointing your fans.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick a fork in it, this blog is done.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soze you suck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home